We wouldn’t watch if it was la-di-da happy times all the time, but I’m getting tired of the relentless darkness on our show.
I’d like to encourage the writers to do 3 things:
- Balance the overall “mood” of the show so the dominant theme isn’t depressing.
- Pacing. P A C I N G. Stop dragging out some storylines beyond the viewers’ tolerance level.
- Become familiar with your core characters; their history, their personalities, the things they would likely say and do.
I know they’re dealing with a major shake-up in the writing department, so I’m willing to overlook some problems, but this is the number one daytime drama and the writers are supposed to be seasoned professionals. They need to be up to speed already.
That being said, I don’t know how Billy ever recovers from the needless death of Delia. Ultimately, he’s the one responsible for her death. He’s an impulsive, angry person, and I don’t see how he will ever “get over it” and I’m not looking forward to the rest of this character’s life being dark and depressing and full of rage and destruction.
I don’t like the way everyone on the show is frothing at the mouth about Delia’s “killer”. As far as I’m concerned, Adam gets a total pass on not confessing to anyone about it.
- First of all, he’s not 100% sure he was actually responsible.
- Second, knowing who the driver was is not going to change A THING. Nothing. It was a total accident.
- Third, no one would believe what happened. We saw it, and even WE wouldn’t believe Adam could run over a 7-year-old child and be completely unaware.
- And fourth, what purpose would be served in convicting Adam of anything and depriving Connor of his father?
If it had happened because Adam was drunk, or texting, or if he knew he hit something and then just drove off without checking, that would be a different story. You’re not a hit and run driver if you don’t even know that you hit anything.
In other news, I like Chelsea a lot more when she’s out of Chloe’s orbit. But I’m still not thrilled about “Chadam”. I’d rather see them co-parent for a while and work on being friends and trusting each other, but it looks like they’re headed for romance.
The only episodes I have any interest in are the ones that Adam is in. Well, I also like Abby and Tyler (but I’m not interested in the mysterious stalker Mariah), I like the Jack/Summer dynamic. I LOVE Sharon lately. And Amelia Heinle’s Victoria is more convincing as a grief-stricken parent than either Billy or Chloe.
These are the storylines I am skipping:
- Lily and Cane and their exciting new business adventure (gag me)
- Lauren the eternal stalker victim and the ridiculous prison storylines for Michael and Fen and the prison gang
- Kyle versus Noah
- Noah and what’s her name and the mysterious Zach
- Jack and Jill and Adam and Kyle plotting – who knows what – against Victor
- Dylan and Avery
- Nikki and Dylan
- Nick and Dylan
- Actually, anything with the expressionless, boring, vacant-eyed Dylan
- Creepy Victor trying to lay claim to Adam and Chelsea’s baby
- Throwing Stitch and Ashley together???
I’m hoping against hope that they don’t go forward with the “Nick is Summer’s real father and Sharon changed the paternity test” idea. HATE that idea.
And I’m hoping they don’t have some big reveal that it was Adam who killed Delia, turning that into another hate fest where Adam loses everything and everyone hates him again. If they do that, I’m done with them.
Oh, and could we please go back to the amazing background music we used to have on this show before JFP showed up? This music is annoying.